婉拒邀請

宏浩翻譯資料來源:http://www.englishtown.com.tw/community/Channels/article.aspx?articleName=declineinvite

來看看Helli邀請Jerry去她生日派對的對話:

 

Helli: Hi Jerry, its my birthday this weekend and I am throwing a party to celebrate.(你好,Jerry,這週末是我的生日,我舉辦了一個派對來慶祝。)

Jerry: That is great news; we should celebrate in style and have a theme for the party.(太好了!我們應該大大慶祝一下並且為派對設定一個主題。)

 

Helli: Absolutely, I have guest appearances by Destinys Child and Mariah Carey. This will be the best party ever and you should not miss it.(一定,命運之子與瑪利亞凱利的友情客串,將會把派對帶到高峰,你不應該錯過。)

Jerry: No I wont, Friday will be a night to remember!(放心,我不會錯過的,星期五是一個特別的夜晚!)

 

Helli: Friday? What is happening on Friday?(星期五?那天有什麼事會發生嗎?)

Jerry: Your party of course, silly.(當然是你的派對啦,傻瓜。)

 

Helli: No Jerry, my party is on Saturday night.(不,Jerry,我的派對是在星期六晚上。)

Jerry: Oh no, Helli! I have to be at work on Saturday night as Im working night shift, I appreciate the invite but I cannot afford to miss work.(哦,不會吧,Helli!我星期六晚上必須工作因為我要輪晚班,我很感謝你的邀請,但是我不能丟掉工作。)

 

Helli; I understand, you have to work. Perhaps you can join us when your shift ends.(我明白,你必須要工作。也許在你輪班結束後你可以加入我們。)

Jerry: It ends at 6am, I doubt Mariah Carey will still be there! Party safely and keep me posted on how the party goes! (它是早上6點結束,我懷疑瑪利亞凱利仍然還在!玩得盡興,通知我一下進行地如何了!)

 

Helli: Will do Jerry!(行,沒問題,Jerry)

 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    宏浩翻譯 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()