宏浩翻譯 引用自http://www.businessweekly.com.tw/KBlogArticle.aspx?ID=12936&path=h

(台灣)

我的嗜好是睡覺和看電視!

My hobby is sleeping and watching TV.

(美國)

Most Taiwanese don’t really understand what the word “hobbies” means.
很多台灣人不懂「嗜好」到底是什麼意思

Let alone do most even care because when I do ask the question, “Hey! What are your hobbies?”
可能很多人也不是很在乎,因為當我問他們的嗜好是什麼的時候

A lot of them end up saying, “Oh sleeping or eating”
他們會回答是「睡覺或吃東西」

(美國2)

I don’t really feel like sleeping is a hobby because it’s more of a basic life function. It’s something that you have to do.
我不認為睡覺是種嗜好!他只是生活中一項不可或缺的行為

and if you say that to a foreigner, just you know, it will sound really sad.
如果你跟老外這樣講!他們會覺得你的人生很慘

Huh watching TV, again, usually not a hobby.
看電視也不能算是嗜好

One of those interesting things that people can argue about whether it’s a hobby or not, is like a smart phone game.
但有個東西卻值得討論,就是玩手機遊戲算不算嗜好

I feel like some games can be hobbies.
我覺得玩某些遊戲可以當嗜好

Because some games like you put a whole lot of effort and time into and it becomes a big part of your life.
因為某些遊戲你會投入很多心血和時間,然後就變成你人生的一部份

But then other games like on a smart phone, if you are on a train for 5 mins it’s just a way to kill time.
但比如坐捷運時,玩的那些殺時間的小遊戲就不算

(美國3)

A hobby? To do something you have to have that leisure time to do it.
「嗜好」通常都是你有空閒時間才會去做的事

Or like maybe, a hobby like playing piano. Something like that.
比如說彈鋼琴就是種嗜好

Something you have that extra time to do that you wouldn’t normally have or like playing basketball.
用多餘時間去投入的事情才算嗜好,像常去打籃球

宏浩翻譯 引用自http://www.businessweekly.com.tw/KBlogArticle.aspx?ID=12936&path=h

 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    宏浩翻譯 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()